Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Meal Plan


Meal Plan: 

*There are SO many different meal plans out there, I am NOT saying this is the only one but this is what has worked for my body. Some people choose to only eat 3 large meals a day, some do intermittent fasting. All methods are great but you have to find what works for your body/lifestyle. I eat 5-6 small meals a day. This means my portions will be smaller but I am constantly eating throughout the day so I do not get hunger AKA hangry for me (angry because I'm hungry haha, it's a real thing). You should never wait more than 3 hours between these 5-6 meals. You need a balance of proteins, fruits, vegetables, carbs, healthy fats and nuts and oils. Plus of course, the proper amount of water to hydrate your body. The proper combination of all of these types of foods will help your digestion, give you energy, build your immune system and help with weight loss. Here is a look at my daily food intake. I am very consistent with how and what I eat. Remember, I go by the 90/10 rule. I hope this helps and I will continue to post meal plans that are healthy and practical for your lifestyle.

Every day I try to get 4 servings of protein, 4 servings of vegetables, 3 servings of fruit, 3 servings of carbs, 2 servings of healthy fats, 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and 75+ ounces of water. I workout every day, drink Shakeology every day and take JuicePlus every day.

Breakfast:
Because I am NOT a morning person  I drink my Shakeology after I workout to give me a recovery and much needed energy to get through the rest of the day. It is my choice to get my workout done in the morning and although it is tough at times, it is totally worth getting it done and it gets me ready for my day. This next meal is ONLY if I worked out later in the morning or day. When I start my day immediately with a workout, I drink Shakeology afterwards. If it's later in the day and I've already had my Shakeology then I have oatmeal after my workout. This gives my body carbs to build muscle. The carb I choose to eat is oatmeal and I usually don't add anything to it. I know, your probably thinking really? Plain oatmeal? Gross. Once you have had it for a couple days, you get used to the plain taste and it really is good.

Morning Snack:
I try to have a fruit or a veggie. I will eat strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cucumbers or green peppers. I will also had in a carb and nut butter, whole wheat tortilla with tbsp. of natural peanut butter OR a protein, hard-boiled egg.

Lunch:
I usually go with a quinoa chicken salad for lunch. This quinoa chicken salad is listed under the clean eating recipes tab as well. I layer spinach leaves (veggie), quinoa (carb), chicken and hard-boiled egg (protein), seeds and dressing to create an AMAZING salad. This lunch includes a lot of what I need and is delicious. I also add in a fruit of my choice.

Afternoon Snack #1:
I try to stick to vegetables in the afternoon otherwise I won't get the proper servings I need daily. I usually eat cucumbers, green peppers, carrots and hummus or broccoli for my first afternoon snack.

Afternoon Snack #2:
I eat two afternoon snacks because I coach throughout the school year and my husband gets home around 6:30 so we eat a late dinner. If you eat an early dinner, you could have the second snack after dinner. A great snack after dinner is cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is safe to eat later because it doesn't sit in your stomach once you have gone to sleep, it continues to work and digest even if you aren't actively moving to burn it off. For my second afternoon snack, I eat 12 almonds, a vegetable and a fruit.

Dinner:
For dinner, I try to incorporate another protein, carb and veggie. I have a lot of great recipes listed in the "clean eating recipes" tab that you can check out. I usually try to eat chicken, turkey burger or fish (protein), quinoa or edamame (carb) and steamed broccoli, cauliflower or green beans (veggie).

Out of all of the servings I try to get throughout the day, it is okay for me to go over on the protein or veggies. I try not to go over on fruits and carbs. I make sure to drink plenty of water and I limit my coffee intake (about 2-3 cups and I don't add anything to it). Happy eating, ya'll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment